Sunny and 49 degrees here in the city! High of 63 today! I am so thankful for this spring weather. I am truly enjoying the break from the heat – it was just 2 much 2 fast. Good morning, and a good day it will be. Get your 3 day weather forecast.
Hang out with me on facebook. We will have lots of fun and great conversations.
Midday Motivation: “Every path hath a puddle.” Success is not just about reaching your destination; it’s about overcoming the challenges along the way. The adversity you experience in life is not designed to hurt you, it’s designed to make you stronger! Turn your wounds to wisdom and keep moving toward your goal!
Talk of the Town Facebook Conversation: Seems as though the CRHA is having a knee jerk reaction to a review they received by the Department of Housing & Urban Development. They have now proposed some extreme changes to their current policies. Some of the changes proposed:
- Eviction of a tenant who is late paying their rent 4 times in a calendar year.
- Increasing fees for pet owners
- Increasing late fees
The big question is what happens to the residents if they enforce this policy? What happens to the children and how will this impact families overall? Do you think they CRHA is being heartless towards community residents? Is there a better solution such as financial literacy programs for the tenants, and job training so that the tenants can better themselves rather than kicking them when they are down. What are your thoughts…weigh in on facebook.
Coffee Talk: The journey to bridal bliss is getting bumpy. Rumors are swirling that NeNe is demanding that Greg sign a prenup or she says there will be no 2nd time around! She’s RICH!! J & plans to stay that way! Now, she has boasted about how much she loves and adores Greg and she has stated on numerous occasions that Greg provided for her and her son financially before she became a Celebrity! What do you think – Is a prenup necessary?
• Lauryn Hill’s New Jersey tax evasion sentencing has been postponed until May 6, reports TMZ. It was moved to give Hill a chance to pay a portion of her $968,000 tax debt. According to Hill’s attorney, she signed a million-dollar record deal with Sony and will take out a $650,000 loan to use toward her mounting tax debt. Hill pled guilty to tax evasion in June 2012 and faces several years in prison. [TMZ]
• Pop star Rihanna has broken another record. Her latest single, “Stay,” earned the singer her 10th number one song on Billboard’s pop songs radio chart. She’s the first artist to do so in the chart’s 20-year history. Yesterday, the Bajan singer snagged 10 Billboard Music Award nominations. [Billboard]
• Legendary folk singer Richie Havens died of a heart attack yesterday at his New Jersey home. He was 72. Havens earned his fame by being the first person to ever perform at Woodstock in 1969. He would make several more grand appearances in his career including playing at President Bill Clinton’s 1993 inauguration. [Washington Post]
• Tonight, Alicia Keys will release her long awaited video for her third single, “Fire We Make,” featuring ESSENCE Festival artist Maxwell. Ahead of its premiere, the star released a teaser to get your temperature rising.
Facebook Trivia Challenge of the Day: 22 of men do this when they get sad? The correct answer is CALL THEIR MOM! Congratulations to Amekka Carter, she claimed the prize of a free car wash courtesy of Express Car Wash on Route 29 in Charlottesville.
Battle of the DIVAS: Who is the best live vocalist? Now, I’ll give Queen Bey her props, she can shake and out shimmy the best of them but vocally – there is plenty of competition. Who is the best live vocalist? Beyonce, Ledisi, Jennifer Hudson, Mary J. Blige, Fantasia, Marsha Ambrosius, Alicia Keys, Tamar Braxton, Patti Labelle or Mariah Carey? Who wears the crown? Vote on facebook.
Be the first person to comment on my status on facebook and win lunch courtesy of Browns on Avon Street, Charlottesville. Good luck! Congratulations to Sharon Patterson & Mark Cohen!
Celebrate local heroes who are making a difference right here in our community. Nominate someone today!